Mac Printing Company, Inc.
Blind Embossing
Blind embossing is a printing method where an image is pressed into paper resulting in a raised design. The
embossing is termed “blind” because the design is formed without ink or foil. (Debossing is an image stamped
onto paper or a napkin without ink or foil; it appears “indented.”)

Bright White
This shade is the ultimate in white, very crisp, pure and bright!

Invitation cards do not fold, your wording is printed on the front.

Deckle Edge
An uneven, feathery edge on a piece of paper is called a deckle edge. This edge is most commonly found on
parchment invitations; however, other papers may also have deckle edges and will be noted in descriptions.

The process of using sharp metal rules to cut shapes and designs into paper. Die-cutting includes cutout
shapes and sculpted edges.

Double Envelopes
The traditional set of two envelopes is used with formal invitations and announcements. The outer envelope is
addressed to the guest and may have your (the sender’s) address printed on the back flap. The inner envelope,
with the invitation and enclosures is enclosed inside the outer envelope. The inner envelope carries only the
guests’ names. The inner envelope is available with a coordinating liner; it is not gummed and is not sealed.

This color is a warm creamy beige.

Embossing is like blind embossing above, only this type of printing uses ink or foil on the raised area to add
drama and dimension.

Foil Stamping
This effect is achieved when colored foil is hot-stamped onto paper (perhaps a Christmas card) or accessory
items, such as napkins.

Invitation folders are folded once, either to create a top or side fold. Your wording is printed on the front.

A sheet of paper folded twice to create a four-paneled invitation is considered French-folded. This fold is most
common with parchment invitations.

This term indicates layers of paper tied or glued together. If the top layer is translucent and the lower is
decorative paper, you’ll see a muted version of the lower layer through the translucent top.

This term refers to the decorative paper used to line the inside of an inner envelope or a single envelope.

A panel is the center section of your invitation “framed” by a raised area of paper. It also refers to pages facing
each other. For example, a tri-fold invitation when opened fully, has a left, middle and right panel.

This translucent paper is made to look like original parchment. This distinctive paper adds a softening effect to
any invitation.

The process that applies a luminous pearl-like finish to part of an invitation, usually to an embossed design, is
called pearlizing.

A short-fold is created when a sheet of paper is folded once, not exactly in half, forming an invitation with a short
front panel and longer back panel.

This type of printing is created by adding a resin powder to wet ink, which when heated, creates a raised

A tri-fold is created when a sheet of paper is folded twice to form a three-paneled invitation. Both outside panels
are folded inward to cover the center panel.

Vellum is a paper with a rich, smooth finish paper.

This shade is a soft white, like wedding gowns. It is a delicate hue.

A z-fold is created when a sheet of paper is folded twice in accordion fashion to form a three-paneled invitation.
Click to view 100's of styles and
to purchase online
Baby Announcements
Wedding Anniversary